Hey Paulie, sorry I took time to respond… I figured out what the issue was and found a new best friend! firebug!! i was able to “turn-off” specific css styling and discovered where the issue was coming from. That first line of code with height at 100% is relative to screen size/browser window size so it was truncating the background image at the bottom of the window and not displaying the rest of, only displaying the background color set in the html css.
my background image size is ~200kb which is not so bad considering the rest of the site is basically all css styled and few icons here and there at a few kb each…
Anyhow, thanks for taking the time to respond.