Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Design How do i create a positives and negatives or pros and cons table? Reply To: How do i create a positives and negatives or pros and cons table?

Beverleyh
Participant

How do i create a positives and negatives or pros and cons table in wordpress.

I don’t know about WordPress, but a few structural/container elements layed out using flexbox, then 2 ul lists and 2 headings, would seem like the way to go.

I’m sure i could probably just do a 2 column table

Tables are meant for statistical data, so for layout, go for other, more appropriate elements, such as div

would i need to use css as well?

Yes – for layout (flex or float seem most likely) and looks (coloured headings and ticks, etc)

What about if i wanted it mobile responsive too?

You would typically use media queries to define screen-size breakpoints at which to change your layout CSS; vertical on small screens, horizontal on larger screens.

How do I create the little ticks and circles?

You could insert image icons using the list-style-image property. If you’re using something like Font Awesome as part of your theme, you could also insert the icons via CSS pseudo elements.

I’ve put the terms you should research in bold above. If you need further help, try mocking something up in a CodePen demo and clearly explain the problem you’re having vs what you’d expect to happen, and we can offer further suggestions.

In the meantime, if you need a refresher on layout, this website might help https://learnlayout.com