Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Applying CSS styles to specific Table Columns, Rows, and Cells Reply To: Applying CSS styles to specific Table Columns, Rows, and Cells

semicolon
Participant

Beverleyh and Tyler wow! I’ve pruned the introductory codepen (minus it’s screenshot & intro) and you can see the new one here..

Beverleyh, that stackexchange thread is one of those types you not only print out, you save it. Twice. Thank you so much for sharing it.

Tyler, you’re solution is excellent, however I was hoping the table’s padding would carry over to the 3 sides of the tab that need it: Left, Right + Top. I’ve tried a couple of experiments (adding padding, margins etc.) to your .gradient-yellow-blue style but the table’s 5px padding doesn’t display.

You’ve got a number of things working here that I need to study & learn. May I ask a couple of Codepen questions:

What is a “fork”? -and- are you able to edit the code in my “pens” dynamically or do you always just create a new one? I can see how efficient Codepen is when you only need to tweak one line, or close one tag somewhere — either in the HTML or the CSS — without pouring out the code for the whole bloody file! May I hope to see an example of this Tyler in the revision that will add padding? ;)