Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other How to integrate WooCommerce plugin into existing WordPress theme. Reply To: How to integrate WooCommerce plugin into existing WordPress theme.

jontamm
Participant

Hello @croydon86 and @adam75dfw and everyone on this thread. I’m in a similar boat trying to set up WooCommerce into an existing theme for a client. I’ve followed the great information here, yet still have some difficulties setting up the shop and cart.

I usually use SquareSpace and only worked in WordPress a few select times. So no WordPress Guru here.

First issue is that a “Feature Image” checkbox is not showing up. I’ve done some research and found that after adding this line of code:

add_theme_support(‘post-thumbnails’, array(‘post’, ‘page’, ‘product’));

into the (page.php) the “Feature Image” still refuses to show up. Help?

Second issue, client wants to keep current theme. I’ve done research and watching tutorials but come to find that there is no ” in the code. I want to replace it with

Thirdly, commenting out is not working. Than when I got to jontamm/shop, see to ‘issue 4 & 5’ attachments the cart is showing up funky. My client has had some past work done on his site and it’s a complete mess.

Is anyone able help me? Perhaps over the phone/Skype where a screen can be shared to walk me through or guided instructions and video? I’m more of a designer than developer. Visuals help =] I have screen shots of each issue, but I don’t think there is an option to upload photos here? I just joined.