Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Design Trying to spruce up this 3d ticker wheel Reply To: Trying to spruce up this 3d ticker wheel

Beverleyh
Participant

The main reason I haven’t responded to this thread yet is that I haven’t got back into the office yet to try on desktop. I’ve been on mobile (iPhone 6s plus) all Xmas and I’m not sure what behaviour the wheels are supposed to exhibit – mouse vs touch. I have nothing to compare to yet.

For me, the only wheel that moves is the right side one, but only when I flick downwards on the middle wheel. The others don’t budge. :(
When the right one moves, it’s only intermittently responding to down-swipes. Sadly it “feels” a bit “stuck”.

On the visual side of things, I like the gradients you have going on. I can see how the neautral greys would be more fitting in more environments. I think I’d add a bit of warmth with ivory-ish shades to the base wheel though. I’m more of a magnolia-on-the-walls person than a plain white paint choice :)