Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Have a form and an SQL database, but dont know how to get them to link Reply To: Have a form and an SQL database, but dont know how to get them to link

dannodzines
Participant

So, I have been looking into php texts, and I found this
<form action=”action.php” method=”post”>

Your name: <input type=”text” name=”name” />

Your age: <input type=”text” name=”age” />

<input type=”submit” />

</form>
but I do not see a way that this will also email people. If I try
<form action=”action.php” method post, form action=
“mailto:[email protected][email protected]&subject=Showdown Pledge Form” method=”post” enctype=”text/plain”>
Name:<br>
<input type=”text” name=”Sponsors Name” style=”height: 35px; width: 500px; font-family: ‘times new roman’; font-size: 18px;”required><br>
Email Address:<br>
<input type=”text” name=”Sponsors Email” style=”height: 35px; width: 500px; font-family: ‘times new roman’; font-size: 18px;”required><br>
Phone Number:<br>
<input type=”text” name=”Sponsors Phone” style=”height: 35px; width: 500px; font-family: ‘times new roman’; font-size: 18px;”required><br>
Choose your Bowler:<br>
<input type=”checkbox” name=”Chris”>Chris
<input type=”checkbox” name=”Dave”>Dave
<input type=”checkbox” name=”both”>Both<br>
Which game do you choose to sponsor? (Select game(s))<br>
<input type=”checkbox” name=”Game 1″>Game 1
<input type=”checkbox” name=”Total”>Total<br>
Please tell us what you will be sponsoring: (select ONE)<br>
<input type=”checkbox” name=”Total Pins”>Pins
<input type=”checkbox” name=”Strikes”>Strikes
<input type=”checkbox” name=”Marks”>Strikes/Spares<br>
Please Tell us how much you plan on donating for above:<br>
<input type=”text” name=”Amount” style=”height: 35px; width: 35px; font-family: ‘times new roman’; font-size: 18px;”required><input type=”checkbox” name=”cents”>Cents<input type=”checkbox” name=”Dollars”>Dollars<br><br><br>

<input type=”submit” value=”send” style=”height: 50px; width: 150px; font-size: 18px;”>
<input type=”reset” value=”reset” style=”height: 50px; width: 150px; font-size: 18px;”>
</form>

if I did this and added the php codes at the top of the body section, would that make it possible to email and save the data on the database? There is a lot that I have left to learn, but in a sense I have not really learned anything… Soooooooo much…

ps the codepen does not like me