Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS How do I attach a 7z file – I have a short php one pager positioning problem Reply To: How do I attach a 7z file – I have a short php one pager positioning problem

Beverleyh
Participant

To “attach” something to the forum, just upload it to your web host and paste the link into your post.

However, it is unlikely that people will download your zipped pack for a few reasons;
1 – It takes more effort: We’d need to download, extract, upload the files to our own web space, navigate to and view the page in a browser, and poke about in dev tools in order to make assessments about the CSS.
2 – We don’t know you: As a completely new person to the forum, we haven’t built up any kind of relationship with you to trust that the download doesn’t contain anything harmful… *insert an extra step into point 1: “scan for viruses” and probably also “check that the php script doesn’t do anything nasty like recursively deleting everything from my website”.

To increase the likelihood of getting a helpful answer to your positioning problem, you should extract the pertinent HTML and CSS and put it in a basic CodePen, where potential helpers can easily view and edit live in the browser.