Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS [Solved] How to make hovering over one div to trigger changes in another div? Reply To: [Solved] How to make hovering over one div to trigger changes in another div?

EltonTheander
Participant

@Jozsef K. -> I was searching for something – I didn’t really know what – but I am studying psychology, and there is a huge curriculum. I wanted some way to organise the different articles and chapters according to a (or several) timelines – it’s developmental psychology. My thinking was, that different articles concern themselves with different intervals of life; some from 1-3 years, others the whole lifespan, others still beyond a single life, eg. evolutionary perspectives, ect. I wanted to have some lines that, when the mouse hovered above the name of an article, the specific part of the timeline(s) that that article referred to, would highlight. Your code, although I am too novice to use it, is exactly what I had envisioned. I assume that, with proper coding, hovering above a specific part of a timeline could highlight several articles (the reverse effect). It is beyond me to get into this, but I just wanted to thank you for at least giving my brain a solution to a creative impulse, which I may implement in the future. Thanks.