Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums JavaScript Clickable Page Links to Open Markers on Google Map? Reply To: Clickable Page Links to Open Markers on Google Map?

ruby76
Participant

Thanks for that info. I think I understand how this is setting things up, but not quite well enough to troubleshoot what’s not working at this point. I think I added the code in the appropriate places, but now clicking the HTML link just takes me to the top of the current page.

Forgive my newbie level of JS knowledge here – I always make an alert to just spit out the values of variables or arrays to see if they’re working, and having it pop up the value of markers[i] during that loop just produces [Object object]. I’m not quite sure if that means it isn’t storing the marker data in the array properly, but maybe that has something to do with it? Or maybe I’m just still doing the link part wrong by using “East Howe Steps” as the data title?

Here’s an updated pen showing the current code: http://codepen.io/ruby76/pen/RGpzPx

Thanks again!