Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Typography not condensing enough for Iphone Reply To: Typography not condensing enough for Iphone

I.m.learning
Participant

I noticed this in the fluid.css [note the margin-left]:

#header {
    clear: both;
    float: left;
    margin-left:
    text-align: center;
    white-space: nowrap;
    text-align: center;

}

Still in fluid.css

I was curious about the media queries. I see a comment about Mobile Layout: 480px and below. But do not have a media query set. Wouldn’t that mean it’s set for the page, regardless of size?

Under that is Tablet Layout: 481px to 768px., and have a min-width set at 320px.

An after that, Desktop Layout: 769px to a max of 1232px. And a min-width: 769px

I only used a media query for under 990px (tablet size) just because I still don’t really understand how these work (and just heard of them a couple months ago).

But, wouldn’t having different “min” sizes with no max be conflicting?

I use 2 queries, one being:
/* when reaching to tablet size, change to:*/
@media screen and (max-width: 990px)

Like I said, I’m really unsure how these things work But know you can set a min and max width for each query.

I just think all the styles not being used can be omitted from the code and to make sure there aren’t more than one style attached to each entity. You’re worried about breaking anything, if you copy/paste the codes from each source and attach them to one style sheet, nothing is going to break because it’s the same code.

What you’re doing is getting the chance to look at everything on one page and determine what is being used and how. Just make sure to remove the style sheets unused and to keep the link to the one page you are using active.