Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Design Give me your brutally honest opinion about this portfolio site I just made Reply To: Give me your brutally honest opinion about this portfolio site I just made

Atelierbram
Participant

First, ‘brutally honest’ is more inviting for giving feedback than the ‘only constructive criticism’ you see too often, so compliments on the title for this thread, because that’s how we learn.

I really do like the interface with the animations; like some others I can see being puzzled by it at first (before knowing where to click), but after finding out there can be this ‘moment of revelation’ (for the open minded), and I think that is great.

For me this could get even more personality with some small changes in the typography. The letter-spacing with the “light text on dark-background” seems to be just right to me, but I think the amount of letter-spacing should be less (about halve of it) for the “dark text on light background”. This is because the space between glyphs of “light text on dark background” seems smaller to the eye. Also a more humanistic sans-serif (webfont) ISO the grotesk (Helvetica) could make it a bit less harsh and more friendly or inviting, but this might be a personal preference.