Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Design Give me your brutally honest opinion about this portfolio site I just made Reply To: Give me your brutally honest opinion about this portfolio site I just made

Senff
Participant

Very clean and subtle. At first sight, I like it. Two things I would change though.

First, sometimes it’s not always too clear what’s clickable and what’s not. The very first page is an example of that; it took me a few seconds and clicks before I found out it was the iceberg that needed to be clicked on. I’m a big proponent of knowing what’s clickable and what’s not right off the bat, without having to “search” for it.

Second, once you click around, the Back button doesn’t take you back. For example: iceberg -> About Me. If I want to go back to see your portfolio, my instinct would tell me to hit the Back button. However, that doesn’t work, so again I had to do a bit of work to find my way around.

Minor things, and nothing too dramatic, but those two things that clashed with my instinct behavior, are what stood out for me.