Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Help me about css Reply To: Help me about css

sea-ss
Participant

@Senff,

The pen was in response to the frequent ridiculous requests for a codepen to be provided where others, like yourself and Shikkediel, answer the questions posed without a pen being provided. I figured I might be asked by a certain person to provide a pen for the emoticon and decided to cut to the chase.

I’m not registered with codepen because it is over-requested to be used, when oftentimes it isn’t necessary. I use a competitor for just this reason.

Regarding your point that “…when a professional, self-declared leading company drops some code and just says “I have some problems with CSS, please give me any perfect solutions.” (without much elaboration) does come across as a little sketchy.” I totally agree, but newbies often have grand visions of being great before they are, if ever. Just because someone has their head in the clouds, or elsewhere, is no reason to refuse help, or ask for a pen then ignore them. I am speaking as an old man with his feet firmly planted on the ground, because of age, who was once young and had his head in the clouds, and elsewhere. Probably still do at times in many ways.

Keep up he good work on helping others. I look in here frequently for pointers but no longer take part because it is just too tedious to deal with the nonsense that ruins the fun of participating.

Cheers.