Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Would like feedback on a new responsive gallery Reply To: Would like feedback on a new responsive gallery

markhwebster
Participant

Thanks for the thoughtful suggestions! I did take the black border off the big pictures. I see what you mean about the caption border…but for some reason I like the way it looks. I guess I’m thinking of framing or something. I tinkered with the font. The font is tricky because iPhones seem to display the font differently and fill up the caption earlier than normal computers. I also made the captions “return to grid” button bigger, because it is hard to click on an iphone, which meant enlarging the captions. Now I have to add more content to each caption. I’ve got more pages working now: home, landscapes, portraits, still lifes and structures. Getting flexbox and column-count to play nicely together has been a great learning experience. Thanks again for all the help. This site is an awesome resource.