Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Would like feedback on a new responsive gallery Reply To: Would like feedback on a new responsive gallery

Atelierbram
Participant

Gallery looks and behaves fine to me; following remarks can be considered to be “in the margin” and probably petty personal preferences.

On the 1px black border on the big photo’s of the paintings (on flex-landscapes): to me it can do without. As you probably well know (surrounding) black makes colors ‘glow’, like (surrounding) white make colors ‘breathe’. But your paintings have lots of bright color already and, in my eyes, the black makes the colors glow too much. Take it away, and the eye starts to notice other painteristic qualities like the dynamic brush strokes.

On the caption-text on the semi-transparent black background down the bottom of the gallery-images when hovered: could do with a little more padding on the text. Can loose the light border here too. Font could be of a lighter weight, (since it is white on dark, and wait until we have led-light monitors with even more contrast, the letters appear heavier) with maybe even a tiny bit of letter-spacing applied.

.notify .caption p {
  margin: 5px 25px 3px 5px;
  padding: .5em;
  letter-spacing: 1px;
  word-spacing: -1px;
  /* font-family: webfont, sans-serif; */
  font-weight: 300;
}