Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Nested Nav Clips Header and Background-Size: Cover Not Working Reply To: Nested Nav Clips Header and Background-Size: Cover Not Working

TOSONA
Participant

Many, many thanks for the help. The page now looks pretty much as it should thanks to the help from this forum. It’s very kind of everyone.

I agree that the page is a very simple one. I would have thought that the CSS could be simple, too. I guess I was wrong. Trying to trick CSS into behaving with background images has proven to be way more difficult than it should. (When a Google search of “css background image width 100” returns 1,370,000 results, that tells me it’s a screwy set of specifications. I’ve read the posts. I feel the pain.)

I don’t necessarily want lots of margins (or padding) in the CSS either, but I don’t know of a better way to position text over certain parts of the background images.

The text for the novel is now centered. Thanks!

Thanks for this reply: “The html needs to be restructured such that each block of content is grouped with the image it is supposed to go with in it own container.” I agree. As I look at the code, that seems to be pretty much what I did. Again, I’d be extremely grateful for any specifics on why that’s not the case, and how to remedy.

Long, long ago, I used to program in Pascal. CSS is not Pascal.