The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Web Developer vs Front End Developer Reply To: Web Developer vs Front End Developer

Ilan Firsov

Web developer I feel is a generalized term for someone who works on websites.
Mainly you’d find 3 kinds of ‘web developers’: back end developer, front end and ‘full stack’
Usually the back end guy mainly focuses on the server side while the front end guy does pretty much everything with HTML, CSS and JS.
Full stack developer is a term for someone who is working both on the front end and on the back end.

So a back end developer is a web developer, but a web developer is not necessarily a back end developer.