Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Figure size different than image size Reply To: Figure size different than image size

tyson.jewell
Participant

Holy crapballs that looks AMAZING.

I’m not going to outright steal your code but I’m definitely going to look into reworking mine.

And I’m not surprised about the structure, honestly, like I said, I’m new. Selectors and elements, IDs, there’s a lot to try to remember. I find myself looking things up a lot.

The other part of it is that I’m editing someone else’s page. I kept to their exact structure because I wasn’t sure how CSS is with mixing different methods.

I joined up with this company and they haven’t updated their site in like 5 or 6 years. I’m just the IT guy but I ran out of PCs and equipment to fix/service so they asked what I knew about web-design. I told them nothing but I can learn and they told me to go to town.

Is the “<!– avatar / image –>” part of the code just a comment? Just trying to figure out why it’s grey and how the HTML refers to it.

And finally, what does

*, *:before, *:after {
margin: 0;
padding: 0;
box-sizing: border-box;
}

Do?

Thank you so so so much. Everything else in your code is super clear, and oh my GOD it’s so clean. Mine’s a disaster comparatively, haha.