Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Back End Looking for Suggestions – mySQL and PHP Reply To: Looking for Suggestions – mySQL and PHP

Senff
Participant

You shouldn’t really have to look into MySQL and PHP, unless you really want to. WordPress can act like an “interface” between your code and the database. In theory, you can do a lot without ever using any database code (select * from wp_posts where id = 1 and all that) — I never, ever do that kind of stuff.

Knowledge of PHP is helpful, but you don’t have to be an expert in order to be able to make things with WordPress.

What you could look into though, in your case, is the WordPress structure, how it handles data/content, how you can display the various types of content, etc. In your specific examples above, I would suggest to check out how custom fields work, and maybe check out the plugin Advanced Custom Fields.

All in all, I think your problem is not a coding issue, but more a structural one, if you know what I mean.