Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS [Solved] Flexslider Responsive slider help needed Reply To: [Solved] Flexslider Responsive slider help needed

f7brian
Participant

My site will be a responsive site and I realize flexslider was meant as a responsive slider. But I like how http://www.swipely.com/testimonials/ does it: the background image that is in the slider is a fixed size, but it slides entirely off to the side of the browser window. They do have other information and images that just go away when the site is viewed on a smaller viewport, which I will also be doing once I get there.

If you compare the two pages that I set up w/ the content shrunk in a large browser window and watch the sliding behavior you’ll notice the difference. The one I’m building shows the image cut off as it slides out. It a mystery to me still what CSS differences are going on between these two (I suspect buried somewhere in the different flexslider classes I have got from the woo theme flexslider download, and how the dev of swipely cutomized it).
Also I DO want my controls to be responsive (just havn’t got to that yet).

Thanks so much for reading my post!

F7Brian