Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Design Portfolio Feedback Please :) Reply To: Portfolio Feedback Please :)

Jerba
Participant

Thanks both for the feedback. I totally agree with the name thing. My parents run a family business which has been going since 1947 called grimes engravers and its been on the top of the agenda for a name change for their business so I do appreciate you bringing this up.

The contact thing at the bottom was a quick thing I chucked together as a call to action as I thought it would stand out (not my best design decision)

But once again, thanks for the feedback!

No problem at all. Furthermore, as @Nocturnes1984 suggested; the site is a little too busy. I’ve recently, and am currently in the middle of building a personal website/portfolio and from the research I’ve done It seems to be that simplicity is on your side, I’ll try and find you a few articles I read on the subject and post them here for you to take a look at. But for now… Here’s the thread I posted the other day looking for critique on my design maybe some of the replies can be beneficial to you as well.

https://css-tricks.com/forums/topic/personal-website-design/