Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS My WordPress website is not loading correctly on different size monitors! Reply To: My WordPress website is not loading correctly on different size monitors!

Filmguy2013
Participant

Thanks for the suggestions, guys. Un-traq-ed, it is a free theme unless you upgrade to the premium version, which is what I did so, I actually gave these guys my money for a “responsive” theme.

The problem is, the support team tells me I need to keep the container width set to the default 940px if I want the website to load correctly on all devices. That is fine and good but, when I set the container width to 940px, my website content is very slim with big blocks of solid color on either side (which is actually the background color behind the content and sidebars).

That is why I enlarged the container, so that my website didn’t look so “plain” and ugly.

What I don’t understand is, if you take a look at http://www.truckingtruth.com, which is obviously a responsive website, no matter what size you make the web browser, his website centers itself perfectly. I’m just trying to figure out how to get my “responsive” website to do the same thing without having to have the content area so small at the default 940px.

If the website is truly responsive, wouldn’t I be able to set the container, content, and sidebar size values to percentages and then they would load at whatever size the percentage is set to on MOST devices?

Or am I asking for too much?