Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Template troubles. Reply To: Template troubles.

nixnerd
Participant

you can up sell them on really trying to invest more time and carefully developing system that is modular, robust, extensible and can scale. Maybe using something like inuit could help.

That’s essentially what I’ve done. I had a little chat with the client and expressed a need to take a MUCH… MUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCH more modular and streamlined approach. Intuit looks seriously interesting dude. Have you used it? What do you think? Looks like it could be seriously legit.

@Josh

There’s not really a set time frame per se. It’s a little complicated and I’m totally at liberty to share everything, due to a non-disclosure agreement. Buuuut, I’ll say this, I’m trying to do things as fast as possible if that helps. I’d like to crank out relatively custom themes in a matter of weeks. That should be TOO hard, as long as I have a TON of reusable code. The reason we don’t from the first theme is that they project wasn’t super well-defined to begin with and we shifted directions halfway through… so there was a lot of stop gaps and temporary fixes.