Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Taking a job at a place that seem uninnovative Reply To: Taking a job at a place that seem uninnovative

chrisburton
Participant

Then they told me how they still support IE 6 and seven which really sucks. When 1% of the American population is using ie six why do they think they still need to support it?

I think you need to rely on your user’s technology and not what America or even the rest of the world is doing.

Am I my being nitpicky or completely normal when I say I would not want to work in such a place?

If these people were not open minded to newer technology then absolutely, I would not pursue a career there. However, if they are open to newer and more innovative technology, I would do everything I could to help them understand why those things are helpful (e.g. presentations). It could even allow you to move up the ladder quicker from your starting position because you’re helping the company save money and time by reducing costs (paying employees for time) which will help profit growth.