Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Bootstrap in Joomla template, reduce font size on small screen Reply To: Bootstrap in Joomla template, reduce font size on small screen

Atelierbram
Participant

First you want to disable Less, maybe it’s just as simple as unchecking a box in the CMS framework like in this example. It’s important you do this, because you want to edit raw CSS files, that are generated, and regenerated each time again through the less preprocessor engine, you don’t want it to overwrite your edits. (Check: as long as you are seeing this .less suffix in Chrome DevTools styles tab, Less is not disabled.)
Now I think about it @elixir_pr , maybe this was your problem all along …

After that’s done, you can edit your bootstrap.css stylesheet (make a backup copy). It’s really not that bad, like I wrote before, search for all instances of navbar in your favorite text-editor (there are 232 hits when I cmd-f in the browser). Each time you find a block with a bunch of them inside a @media (min-width: 768px) block, change 768px to 992px.