Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Back End Drop Down Executes Query On Post? Reply To: Drop Down Executes Query On Post?

__
Participant

Could you briefly explain what this block of code does for the ratings?

Switches around class names on your radio buttons when they are hovered over. I don’t know what specific effects it will have; probably changes their appearance somehow.

<style type="text/javascript">

Actually, if it really is in a <style> tag, it probably does nothing at all.

Someone suggested using generic variables then allowing users to create their own fields but I wouldn’t know where to start and I imagine it would require changing most of the code so it’s probably better if I just create the tables manually…

What he’s talking about is called the EAV (entity-attribute-value) pattern. It’s popular with some people because it allows them to ignore the question of how their database should be designed. Other than that, it has few advantages (but noticeable downfalls).

The website is left aligned in 1920 x 1080. In other resolutions alignment may be off.

If the width (1920) is static, the simple solution would be to center-align the whole thing.