Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Best web dev videos Reply To: Best web dev videos

nixnerd
Participant

@alenabdula sent me this video almost a year ago. I’ve been thinking about it ever since:

http://vimeo.com/67996449

The biggest thing for me is trying to find a balance between stunning design and keeping things simple. This video imho stresses the latter… which I think is good. If I had to choose only one, I would choose simplicity. There’s a certain beauty and elegance to understated design.

Be that as it may, I’m still LARGELY subject to the whims of clients and you know what they want? INSANE amounts of eye candy. They want to feel like they’re getting their money’s worth.

One thing the video touches on is Photoshop mockups… which I agree need to die. I haven’t done them in a LOOOONG time and I don’t think I ever will. Designing in browser is for sure the way to go. I’ve even gone to the extent of canceling creative cloud and doing away with all Adobe products… but that will probably be short lived as I’ll need to do some video work at some point.