Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Ethical and legal question about CSS and JS codes. Reply To: Ethical and legal question about CSS and JS codes.

Anonymous
Inactive

Chris,

My ethics are consistent. I know how much time and effort goes into creating something. I’ve had things stolen from me online and have had others claim it as their work. I was raised by my Grandparents and look at things differently than many.

Here’s an example of something I find useful (if I can ever figure out how it works). In order to customize it for my needs I would need to make some changes to the code. I’m trying to back engineer it from the linked page to understand how it works. In the source code there links to the css and js. Not all would need to be modified as some are just basic function. My question is is it alright to modify the code and use it as long as I give the creator – James Florentino – of the code credit withing the code? Not all of the codes are credited and appear generic, but those that are I want to recognize the person(s) who created the original coding, if it’s alright to alter and use the coding in this example.