- Using naming conventions such that you can learn them once and apply them everywhere
- Unidirectional data flows. Make it easy to follow the app flow.
- No magic numbers. I’d add they are even worse in CSS as it’s both the confusion they cause and how they are often tied to awkward or incorrect assumptions.
- Using data structures. Like state machines.
- Testing everything
- Good code > good comments
- Avoiding acronyms
- Refactoring opportunistically
Building a newbie-friendly codebase
DigitalOcean provides cloud products for every stage of your journey. Get started with $200 in free credit!