Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Z-Index. Background image overlaying clickable links

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    magichew

Hi all

I’ve got a .png file with transparent edges in the top left of my site but the image is overlapping on top of some links using the z-index. Is there any way to keep this image on top but have my links "see through" though the transparent part so they can be clicked?

Regards

Adam

magichew

Sure. http://mfcstudysupportcentre.co.uk

Another issue I’m having is with the images in the sidebar, they are correctly referenced in the source but they just don’t show up.

Any ideas?

magichew

Sorry, I’m messing with the site live now not thinking that you might be looking at it.

magichew

I’ve set it back to how I want it with the topic heading links left aligned.

I thought about lifting the z-index of the h2 tags but then they would appear on top of the ball’s shadow rather than being effected by it.

Any suggestions why the images in the bar on the left aren’t being displayed?

magichew

Right, so I can either link them correctly or shift my images folder to my root?

magichew

Thanks, I’ve got it sorted now, a beginners mistake from a beginner!

Any further thoughts on the z-index issue or is it simply just a feature of CSS?

magichew

That’s genius! Sounds like it should work. Don’t know if I have the skill to pull it off! Let’s find out!

My skill has run out. Can’t make it work. But it’s not the About Us link that I’m needing to affect, it’s the top post link, the left hand side of the link get’s covered by the ball, in this case it’s okay because the text link is long enough to have some sticking out the right hand side to be clicked. I’ve tried adding a #content a {z-index: 3} but it’s done nothing so far.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.