Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS XHTML Validation help

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    ThinkSoJoE

Alright, I can’t for the life of me figure out what I’m supposed to do to make this valid and still work. I recently rebuilt stupid5pin.com in WordPress using CMS and XHTML. I did a custom front page based off of a tutorial I found on PlayWorkPlay, which I had to tweak the hell out of to get to work. Every other page on my site will easily pass validation but the front page won’t. So the following is my code for the entire page, and the output it’s giving me when I try to validate it:

Code:

Latest Item in name; ?>
      More Recent Items in name; ?>

cat_ID;
      query_posts(“showposts=8&cat=$catID”);
      $first=1;
      $ul=0;
      while (have_posts()) : the_post();
      // Latest post with excerpt
      if($first) {
      ?>

‘;
      $ul=1;
      }
      ?>

• “>

• ‘ ?>

and the error messages:

Code:
    Validation Output: 2 Errors

1. Error Line 41, Column 24: document type does not allow element “div” here; assuming missing “li” start-tag .

✉
    2. Error Line 116, Column 6: end tag for “li” omitted, but OMITTAG NO was specified .

✉

You may have neglected to close an element, or perhaps you meant to “self-close” an element, that is, ending it with “/>” instead of “>”.
    3. Info Line 41, Column 2: start tag was here .

Anybody have any idea what I’m supposed to put where to make this code valid without breaking my layout? (BTW if anybody’s wondering, I put the style elements directly in this document because this is the only page that any of these particular styles are a part of)

ThinkSoJoE

Awesome, that worked perfectly. Got it still looking the same, and validating. And as I stated, I only used inline styling on here because these elements are only used on this page. Didn’t see the use in adding stuff to the stylesheet that only effects one page.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.