Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Wufoo Dynamic Email – can this be done?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Digitalbrit

I have been looking at Wufoo as as simple product enquiry form.

However the requirement is for the visitor to pick where they want to send this request as there are 17 stores nationwide, and it also needs to mail head office at the same time. I had imagined implementing this with a dropdown list of stores/emails but of course Wufoo would need to then mail the appropriate store based on that selection. Searching the Wufoo knowledge base and forums this seems to be a missing feature.

Has anyone achieved anything similar with Wufoo? I’ve posted on the Wufoo forum too but thought I’d try here as well.

Cheers
    Tim

Chris Coyier
    Keymaster

I don’t think it’s possible just with a normal/regular configuration of Wufoo. This would be fairly awful… but 17 is right in that range where you could potentially duplicate the form seventeen times and set different notification emails for each. Then you’d also have the possibility of customizing things differently for each store.

In this case though, I think custom building your own form is probably a smarter thing to do. Wufoo does provide the HTML/CSS/JavaScript for forms without having it submit to them, so you could always build the form there but then write you own processing script.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.