Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Back End WP Server problem?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Shedhead
    Participant

Hi I bought a WP theme about a year ago.
    All was fine til we started getting a message asking for the password for the server.
    We have activated different themes on the same site and it only happens on one particular theme.
    We have been in touch with the hosting company and they cant find anything wrong with the server.
    We got a brand new file package of the same theme off the makers who have never had a similar problem, reinstalled it to no avail.
    Ive checked the permissions on the theme and they are the same as the other themes which are working.
    The URL concerning the problem is:
    http://hilltop-stanley.co.uk/

Can anyone throw any light as to what the problem may be?
    Thanks Alan.

TheDoc

Are you only seeing this in the backend?

Shedhead
    Participant

No, the backend is working fine. Its when we go to view the actual site.

TheDoc

Hmmmmm… I’m not seeing it happen to me.

Maybe there’s a permissions problem with one of the plugins? I would try going through each one and seeing if it stops happening when one of them is disabled.

Senff
    Participant

Not happening to me either. Although it takes a long time to load everything except the header.

Shedhead
    Participant

Thanks for that guys, something strange seems to be happening.
    Theres also supposed to be slideshow to the right of the Hilltop logo, which isnt showing up here.
    Ill try disabling the plug-ins, see if one of them is the problem.

Shedhead
    Participant

I disabled the plug-ins to no avail.
    I noticed the pictures for the slides had disappeared inside of WP, I reinstalled them and it seems to have solved the problem, – touch wood!!

dclardy

Everything seems to work for me. Only thing that I noticed are some broken links. If you click on food and drink, you get three menus. None of those work.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Back End’ is closed to new topics and replies.