Grow your CSS skills. Land your dream job.

WP Admin changes on upgrades

• # September 30, 2009 at 7:38 pm

Just curious about this – when customizing the back end somewhat with WordPress, if I replace the graphics for the login to match a company brand, when WordPress upgrades to the next version does it replace those images with the default ones?

I’ve tried a couple of admin theme plugins and I have yet to find one I’m happy with. I’m not looking to remove the fact that it’s wordpress or to keep them from clicking back to wordpress – I reference it in the graphic and don’t change the location, but isn’t it just far easier to replace the branding there if it stays?

# October 1, 2009 at 11:43 am

You might want to check with WP on the whole "removing all branding" thing, not sure if that’s allowed. You certainly can’t brand it to be a product of your own.

I have no idea re: the original question though.

# October 1, 2009 at 12:12 pm

Hmmm, I can’t find any direct information on the legality of that. I am seeing numerous posts by WP forum moderators supporting custom login themed plugins, so I’m thinking there shouldn’t be a problem since I’m basically just doing the same thing those are but taking a manual route.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

*May or may not contain any actual "CSS" or "Tricks".