Grow your CSS skills. Land your dream job.

WouldYouRathr.com – Requesting Feedback!

• # February 3, 2009 at 11:03 pm

I just launched a new [comedy?] site called WouldYouRathr.com The overall design of the site is extremely minimalistic and I’m wondering if it’s a little too bare. Is there anything that you would personally add to the site? Thanks in advance!

# February 3, 2009 at 11:48 pm

I really like the minimalist approach here. Everything that I need is right in front of me.

I’d probably add (or show how many) comments there are per question on the front page though. I didn’t realize I could click on the date to go through until I randomly hovered over it. Speaking of which, the "add comment" form is very UN-minimalist, it looks very out of place.

Good job and good idea!

# February 20, 2009 at 10:13 am

personally, I would probably put a thick divider line under the title.

also a nit-pick, I would check your kerning a little bit on the title image.
    I would bring the r and a a little closer together in "rathr" (I my eye kept missing the "r" when I read it)..
    (maybe also check the "w-o-u" in "would")

just a thought… cool site though.. tumblr is awesome isn’t it? http://random-ramblings.tumblr.com/

# February 27, 2009 at 12:50 pm

Add a very subtle background color to each post (light gray), like the posts here on CSS Tricks (light blue), the heading alone doesn’t create enough separation.

I like the simplicity.

# July 23, 2009 at 6:01 am

Okay, it’s a nice site and I like the idea, but if I were you I would tone down the colours they are a bit too bold for my liking, and another idea is to have alternating background colours for each post, so one is light gray, the next dark, and so on.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

*May or may not contain any actual "CSS" or "Tricks".