Grow your CSS skills. Land your dream job.

Would this be possible in WordPress?

• # June 26, 2013 at 9:30 am

I have a static site I need to convert in to a WordPress theme which includes an editable slideshow. I’m not familiar with any plugin that has this kind of slideshow layout, so I thought maybe I could write something on my own, but not sure if this would work. Here is the link to the page with the slideshow http://www.weblinxinc.com/beta/carbit/.

Would I be able to create a custom post type and create 2 custom fields, one for the text in the slideshow and one for the button with text below the slideshow? Or is there a better way to go about it?

# June 26, 2013 at 6:04 pm

I put a slideshow sort of similar to yours on the home page template instead of using a plugin. It was much easier (for me) than to figure out how to build it dynamically through WordPress. If you’re trying to make it editable by someone else, this probably wouldn’t work, though.

# July 13, 2013 at 10:04 am

Create a custom post type called ‘Slides’ or whatever, then create a custom image field for each custom post type. Then you can use < ?php the_field('whateveryoucallit') ?> to grab each slide image. You can also limit the amount of slides that can be added so you wont have to change much of the slider code you already have.

# July 13, 2013 at 12:51 pm

>I put a slideshow sort of similar to yours on the home page template instead of using a plugin.

Going from this to making it editable in the WP admin would be simple, just create a loop and replace the editable content with code to display the custom content type/custom field from the admin/database.

# July 13, 2013 at 8:27 pm

Thanks @deevee007 for the response. That’s actually exactly what I did.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

*May or may not contain any actual "CSS" or "Tricks".