Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Would love some feedback!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    ArchDesignLabs
    Participant

Hey hey everyone I would love some feedback on a new site http://www.eco-cred.com I am creating. It basically serves as a promotional piece right now but we still wanted to have a ton of fun with it. Any suggestions would be much appreciated! This is only my second site ever and I mainly code just to learn new things. Its a real project and we have a couple of programmers and coders that are starting next week to make the dreams become a reality.

http://www.eco-cred.com

Thanks a million!

ArchDesignLabs
    Participant

I appreciate the feedback! Like I said I am new to this and just wanted to experiment until we hire the rest of the team. Here is the JS Fiddle let me know if it works! http://jsfiddle.net/552j4/

Thanks again.

ArchDesignLabs
    Participant

Come up with anything using JS Fiddle? Still curious about what others think.

ArchDesignLabs
    Participant

I haven’t looked into sprites at all, but I would love to get rid of the “blink” that happens due to the load. I didn’t know how to approach that. We are playing with background textures too we haven’t found any yet but we definitely think it needs something.

Thank you very much!

ArchDesignLabs
    Participant

Awesome! Thanks for pointing me to that!

chrisburton
    Participant

@archdesignlabs http://spritecow.com is useful to grab the positions for your code.

ArchDesignLabs
    Participant

Thanks @christopherburton I will check that out too and hopefully get some time to play with sprites this weekend!

ArchDesignLabs
    Participant

@odd_e did you ever play with the JS_Fiddle?

ArchDesignLabs
    Participant

haha not a problem happens to me all of the time.

ArchDesignLabs
    Participant

The drop shadow does look a little better. I will take a closer look at the code later as well. Any other visual enhancements you can suggest?

dfogge
    Participant

hey, just wanted to point out something i noticed.

when the browser is below a certain width the woodchucks feet get cut off and move to the left of him.

aoeui
    Participant
    ArchDesignLabs
    Participant

@dfogge we have noticed that the beavers ankles get cut but I cant for the life of me figure out a solution. Any suggestion?

@krysak4ever
    great article I will def check it out! Thanks!

robst

Well…I think you’re off to a great start, ArchDesignLabs! First off, I enjoy the illustrations. I think the site definitely has personality.

I see a lot of comments about the dullness of the grey background…ok, so, maybe not the best color choice.

I would build this site from the standpoint of someone who doesn’t know anything about this app. I agree with others as I’m not clear how this app really works either. Maybe a diagram to show users, as well?

ArchDesignLabs
    Participant

Thanks @robst we are definately going for personality and quality graphics to stack onto the idea.

We are actually coding the begins to the web app now and will soon be posting more information and graphics including a nice video on how to use and why you should use it :)

The grey is def. dull and should probably have a subtle texture applied to it to give more depth so that is something we will continue to explore. Hoping to have updates by the end of the weekend actually! Great comments I am def. not a web designer but I am passionate about learning anything and everything related to architecture and design.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.