Grow your CSS skills. Land your dream job.

Working on a DVD review blog – custom wordpress theme

• # November 24, 2008 at 1:32 pm

Hey, I’m new to the forums. I’ve been reading CSS Tricks pretty regularly but never really ventured inside here for some reason.

I’ve been doing web sites for a couple years now but I feel like I’m just now getting the grasp of good crisp looking design. At least that’s how I feel. I need some more opinions. If you could check out http://www.betaftw.com and let me know what you think of everything, I’d appreciate it. It is a work in progress.

A couple things to note:
    It’s not finished. The single.php is still in need of some ids and classes, especially around the comments area.

I plan to have a main featured post with the newest post on the front page that spans the width of the site (around 800px) to give the front page a little more pizazz.

I need to work on the footer.

Thanks.

# November 24, 2008 at 1:41 pm

Looks nice. I love clean and effective design. Personally, I’d do something with your nav buttons because the type isn’t very smooth. I see you’re going for a small there, but I’m sure 1,2 more pixels larger and more clear would have the same effect and just be that tad more polished.

Nice look and colors =)

# November 24, 2008 at 1:46 pm

Thanks! I’ve been debating about the nav actually. Right now It’s fitting my 200px wide grid columns. I could probably decrease the spacing between them and enlarge it just a bit though.

# November 28, 2008 at 10:19 pm

one small thing i would add is to add some ‘padding:bottom’ to the ‘.post-ratings’… right now when you roll over a star, the box bounces to allow room for the "1 star, 2 star, etc…" text. the bottom padding should alleviate that.

edit: the first post with the full content is the one that is affected with the bouncing.

# November 29, 2008 at 1:18 am

Yeah, that is definitely going to get fixed. It’s been bugging me. It’s going to be a quick fix, so I’ve been kind of saving it for the end.

Thanks for the feedback. If anyone else has any opinions, I’d love to hear them.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

*May or may not contain any actual "CSS" or "Tricks".