Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Work Project (Need Help ASAP)

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    WRS_James

The Desired Effect:
    Wrapper of 960px but need side images that are attached to the outter sides of the center container.

(You know, like an extended image banner for those with larger monitors.)

So I need to figure out how to have containers that "hug" the sides of the main container so I can drop some images in them at the top and bottom.

[side "hugger" div] [ main wrap div ] [side "hugger" div]

Thanks for reading. Appreciate your help. For some reason I am drawing a blank!

:ugeek:

Rob MacKay
    Participant

What I would do is either give a background image to the HTML, then you can make it as wide as you like and put the side images on that.

Or you could put 2 divs inside the main wrap – ID them "leftSide" "rightSide" or something, make sure your main wrap has a position of at least relative, then absolutely position the left and right side divs off the edge of the main wrapper div.

WRS_James

I am off till monday, but I want to make sure that it is good to go for then. Follow-up question: Will the body copy container stay true to center? or will the side divs screw that up a bit when scaling the browser window?

I guess I have a hard time explaining these things.

Thanks for your timely response Rob. I think I will use your second option, as long as the content container takes precidense over the images on either side.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.