Grow your CSS skills. Land your dream job.

wordpress

• # September 8, 2008 at 7:02 pm

hey everyone,

I am thinking about using WordPress for my next site, since I have chris’ videos to help move me along abit, but I was just curious is alot of PHP knowledge needed to code a decent wordpress theme? I know a little bit but not all that much.

thanks.

# September 9, 2008 at 3:39 am

No i don’t think alot of php is needed. If you watch the videos chris made and pay carefull attention to how a php site is set up, then I think you will do fine. The main thing to pay attention to is how the wordpress site is layed out. Like if you want to change the sidebar, then you would edit the sidebar.php. I think this makes it very easy to locate code that you want to change. I would recommend that you watch the entire wordpress video series a atleast twice before starting on your site. Once to see how it is done and another to pick up anything you didn’t see the first time.

# September 12, 2008 at 1:18 pm

A little helps but a little HTML and CSS knowledge is all you need

# September 12, 2008 at 4:24 pm

The very first time I delved into WordPress I had only a very limited amount of PHP knowledge, and I did just find. Mind you it was a little confusing, but if you get in a bind referring to the codex and asking at the forums is a sure way to get yourself righted.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

*May or may not contain any actual "CSS" or "Tricks".