Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other WordPress Wiki Plugin

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    mcgyver47
    Participant

Is anybody using WP Wiki Plugin with WordPress
    It sounds like a great idea and I am trying to implement this plugin on my site with no succes at all, I am probably doing something wrong but what ???
    Anybody any ideas how to make it work
    Thanks for help
    Rgds

TeMc

Please elaborate (explain more) on "not having succes".

Describe what you’ve done, how you’ve done. And what/how went wrong.

mcgyver47
    Participant

Hi,
    I have so far:
    -installed plugin
    -created page with text, made it wiki friendly" by checking tick mark on bottom page and Toc table as well
    -created special user with "wiki user" role
    Now when looking a this page on site ( this is a local development site working prefectly)
    When connecting to site using this special user’s identity I don’t see any "EDIT" link at the bottom of page to be able to modify page ( I have tried with a post and get same result) all I see is Toc on upper right side of page
    What should I do to make this page or post editable ??
    Thanks for help

mcgyver47
    Participant

Hi
    Sorry for the noise as I have just remembered I had turned post revisions OFF in config.php a long time ago so the plugin couldn’t work
    You have to make sure post revisions has been turned on for the plugin to work
    Thanks for help
    Kind Regards
    Jean from France

mcgyver47
    Participant

Just 1 more question
    When clicking on edit page or post link it sends you to edit page in "administration mode", is there a possibility to use a slightly modified "administration mode" page
    If yes where ?? I couldn’t find the function producing this edit page format ? it has to be a function called something like edit_post

Where is it called from
    where is the edit_post (or page as I guess it is just one same function for posts and pages) function itself located as I would like to modify it or produce a simplified version to contributors
    Any ideas ?
    Thanks

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.