Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other WordPress Video Gallery

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    pablo631

I’m new to wordpress and I need some help creating a video gallery in the site along side a blog. I’d like to be able to tag and categorize the videos so there can be a related videos links or video categories links only in the videos section. I would like to exclude the video posts from showing up at all in the main blog loop. Any ideas on how to get me started?

Rob MacKay
    Participant

First off I would look for a plugin, as there might already be one that will help you out there :)

after that you could look for a theme, if you don’t have one already, that includes this kind of feature…

If that’s no good then you’re gonna be looking at some hard coding time :D lol

pablo631

Ok, I sort of have this up and running in a very rough stage. I’m using a few different plugins and WP_query to make this happen. I’m using wordtube to mange my videos. So that takes care of uploading them, managing the video still frame and be able to insert them into posts. Then I’m using Flutter to create custom write panels just for videos. So I can specify a smaller thumbnail, description, time and any other information I need to include about the video. So then I can use Flutters <? echo get(‘variable’); ?> to include or not whatever info I want to display either on the actual post or the WP_query related tags list.

Right now it is working perfectly. I’m having a minor issue though. I have a "Blog" section and a "Video" section. The video section is essentially a blog page that on shows posts with the category "video". The problem is when I click on one of the videos the navigation takes me to the /archives/ which then triggers the blog section to highlight in the navigation. As of now my navigation is generated using a plugin, so I don’t have much choice in the code it spits out. Is there an easy way just to keep it navigating from the videos section to the blog section on clicking on the related videos? I’m still a little confused about the single pages, but I’m using a category filter to change the look of the single page for the video section, but I’m at a loss on how to change the main navigation to highlight the video section when looking at videos. Any ideas?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.