Grow your CSS skills. Land your dream job.

WordPress unknown server request

• # July 3, 2012 at 2:21 pm

In my wordpress blog, there is a request that’s not from the theme or plugin files. So where can it be and how I can remove it?
    See this image please.

# July 3, 2012 at 2:22 pm

From what I can tell, that stylesheet looks like it’s in the theme folder. You’re sure it’s not supposed to be there?

# July 3, 2012 at 2:27 pm

I know that’s (or should be) in the theme folder. I want to know where is its request and which PHP file sent that. Because I don’t need that stylesheet and that request.

# July 3, 2012 at 3:15 pm

It looks like it should be in your header.php file. It comes right after the IE only css declaration. If it’s not in there, try using that file to trace where it came from.

# July 4, 2012 at 6:17 am

There is a < ?php wp_head(); ?> code right after IE style in the header.php and before tag. When I remove that, there will not a style-red request any more, but my plugin’s style sheets wont load.

# July 4, 2012 at 6:27 am

Yeah, if you enqueue your style sheets (which you’re supposed to) they won’t get called until you do < ?php wp_head(); ?>. However, try checking functions.php if you can’t find it anywhere in the header.php. Last place I can think of would possibly be footer.php.

# July 4, 2012 at 8:08 am

I searched all of my theme’s files (with a searching program) and there was no ‘style-red.css’ text. I don’t asked where is ‘style-red.css’ text. (I know a stylesheet should be in the header.php, footer.php or functions.php). I want to know where is its request, when there is no style-red.css text in my theme (and plugin) files.
    I could remove that request by removing < ?php wp_head(); ?> code. But this made me that problem and that I don’t know how to solve that.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

*May or may not contain any actual "CSS" or "Tricks".