Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Back End WordPress theme doesn’t align correctly in IE

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    vincent

Hey guys. I posted this problem in the CSS section, but the problem is most likely the PHP since this is my first WordPress theme. Here’s the question:

Okay… So, I have a website that I’m in the process of converting to WordPress. Here’s the link to the live website: http://drlapiana.com It works fine in all browsers.

Here’s the link to the WordPress version in progress: http://drlapiana.com/blog It works fine in all browsers except IE. In IE there’s no min-height in the content, logo and phone number at the top aren’t in the correct position and a spacer I have on the sidebar is (i’m thinking line-height?) thick.

I’ve been trying to figure it out for like 2 days… I’ve been comparing the CSS and I can’t figure it out. Any help would be appreciated!

I’ve checked over and compared the CSS from the drlapiana.com site with the drlapiana.com/blog site and the CSS for the properties and elements are pretty much the same… I think the problem is the WordPress functions rendering after the CSS gets called or something like that, but I could be wrong. Also, on the sidebar, the accordion content’s :hovers don’t work on the blog site, but they work on the normal site in IE, maybe that has something to do with it.

Here’s a link to the post in the CSS section so you can see what we’ve tried and not tried: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2756

Thanks!

TheDoc

Instead of comparing the CSS, compare the HTML output. It should be identical.

vincent

Hey, thanks for the help. I figured it out. The only problem was I had PHP comments at the very top of each of the template pages, like saying <!–this page is for the home–> and stuff like that. I removed all of those and it’s working perfectly now! I guess the doctype has to be the first thing in IE.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Back End’ is closed to new topics and replies.