Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS wordpress template to a non wordpress page

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    offtheroad
    Participant

How can I change a ThemeForest template in dreamweaver to a non wordpress page?
    [email protected]

Paulie_D

You are going to have to be more specific as I’m not familiar with TF templates.

Are you saying that the template is PHP template and does not include HTML/CSS/JS?

offtheroad
    Participant

Thanks for the speedy reply. No it’s a wordpress template and I want to use the layout but don’t want it to be wordpress.

Paulie_D

I still don’t understand. When you say it’s a WP template what does that mean?

What files do you get?

offtheroad
    Participant

It’s a WordPress template. ThemeForest makes them and I just like the look and feel of it but don’t want wordpress in it. I want to make it a regular html CSS site.

Paulie_D

>When you say it’s a WP template what does that mean?

>**It’s a WordPress template.**

offtheroad
    Participant

Thanks all

Preface Studios Ltd
    Participant

You could just contact the author of the theme and ask for a HTML version, he might consider selling one if enough people want it.

If not download and run the theme, then just copy the outputted HTML code it creates to use in your non-WP site. You will have to make a helluva lot of changes and strip things out though, as @mcjohnst said.

chrisburton
    Participant

@Paulie_D WordPress templates usually consist of loops and html (sidebar.php, index.php).

Paulie_D

>WordPress templates usually consist of loops and html (sidebar.php, index.php).

See that’s what I wanted to know. I’m not a WP guy…as you can probably tell.

Odd that they don’t include the basic HTML & CSS though.

TheDoc

One thing you can do is keep it all in PHP and just change things like `` to ``.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.