Grow your CSS skills. Land your dream job.

WordPress sidebar gets stuck at bottom of page

  • # December 28, 2008 at 12:29 am

    Website: http://sunrisegc.com/blog/

    So for some reason, the sidebar for my wordpress theme is stuck at the bottom of the page. Any tips on getting it flush with the top?

    Thanks.

    # December 28, 2008 at 5:36 am

    is your sidebar in a div? I can’t see the div, it just looks like it is in a <ul>

    but I remember having that problem, the way I fixed it was putting overflow:hidden in the main content area (you could put it in both), as the pixel dimensions may not be correct

    Rob
    # December 28, 2008 at 8:16 am
    "ikthius" wrote:
    is your sidebar in a div? I can’t see the div, it just looks like it is in a <ul>

    The UL tag dose not need to be in a DIV as it is already a block element – you can style it exactly the same as you can style a DIV.

    # December 28, 2008 at 9:13 am
    "Robskiwarrior" wrote:
    "ikthius" wrote:
    is your sidebar in a div? I can’t see the div, it just looks like it is in a <ul>

    The UL tag dose not need to be in a DIV as it is already a block element – you can style it exactly the same as you can style a DIV.

    yeah, I know that, but I am just remembering when I was learning wordpress, they suggested the sidebar be in a div.

    and if you are changing another theme, you may be stopping some things from working properly

    Rob
    # December 28, 2008 at 8:16 pm
    "ikthius" wrote:
    and if you are changing another theme, you may be stopping some things from working properly

    This is very true – did you pull apart an already developed theme or did you use starkers?

    http://elliotjaystocks.com/blog/archive … ess-theme/

    # December 29, 2008 at 2:24 am

    I started from scratch by using the starkers theme.

    I fixed it by wrapping the posts in a div and floating it left.

    Silly me.

    # January 2, 2009 at 7:13 am

    Hey guys, I have the exact same problem just in IE, on mac everything looks ok and in windows Firefox is ok, but explorer send all the way down my sidebar. Its really anoying.

    Any idea in how to fix it ?

    Thanks.

    Edit: Reducing the sidebar padding fixed it for me.

    # June 25, 2009 at 5:22 pm

    With me, it’s funky in Firefox but looks fine everywhere else.

    See below:

    http://krbmedia.com/

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

*May or may not contain any actual "CSS" or "Tricks".