Grow your CSS skills. Land your dream job.

WordPress shit!

• # March 9, 2010 at 12:47 pm

http://designerzi.com/ That is the site im am trying to design a custom wordpress theme, but what the hell is going on here:S

Everything is just a huge fuck up…

# March 9, 2010 at 2:05 pm

Well, the post isn’t a total loss… you did manage to get some good swearing in there :)

Kidding aside – if you want help with something, you’re much better off identifying specific portions that you’re having trouble with. Having an issue with the whole thing isn’t much help, since usually you’ll just get pointed back to some basic tutorials or a suggestion to pick up a book and start reading, and indeed maybe that’s where you really do need to spend some time.

But if you can break down some of the issues you are encountering into bite sized chunks that can be tackled individually, you will find you are on the road to success my friend!

# March 9, 2010 at 2:33 pm
    "JoshWhiteDesign" wrote:
    Well, the post isn’t a total loss… you did manage to get some good swearing in there :)

Like a whole troop of troopers… who’ve just watched Goodfellas.

# March 9, 2010 at 2:37 pm

Haha, thank you:)

But yes i will try to narrow some of my questions, for the first, why is everything between the main content area and the footer and not inside the main content:S

And how can i put the link to the pages into the buttons and remove them form where they are now ? Now i have just written the link to the pages into each button:)

And all that blogg roll content, how can i get rid of that ? :S

# March 9, 2010 at 6:13 pm

It looks to me like you’re not floating the content area or the sidebar properly, so it’s just bringing them in one after another down the page. Basically, that blog roll content is your side bar, which contains all the widgets you can manipulate in WP’s admin area. You could always just remove them and that would probably solve on issue, but then again I wouldn’t be so quick to disable it unless you were sure you’d never use it.

If you are going to stick with graphic buttons then yes you have to just link the pages on top to the images in your menu.

I might suggest at least going to a few tutorials and go through basic theming for WP so you can get an understanding of how the files within WP interact with each other.

Hope it helps!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

*May or may not contain any actual "CSS" or "Tricks".