Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other WordPress services/products

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    georgearnall
    Participant

Hi,

I need some help being pointed in the right direction with WordPress. I have a client who needs a site. It is not an e-commerce website but it will still advertise his his services/products that he offers for his customers. This is the only example I could find of the kind of thing he is going for [(Link)](http://www.manchesterbeautylounge.co.uk/ “”).

Is there any plugin I can use that can give me the flexibility so that my client can easily add / modify these services. It also would need some kind of offer functionality similar to the example so he can advertise his latest offers ect.

Thanks in advanced,

George :)

sloveland
    Participant

Wordpress should make this possible: You can use blog posts/categories to sort the types of products, and each blog post (product) has its own featured image. You can also make some custom fields to carry stats such as item number, price, color etc; while the regular blog content has the description.

Once again, latest offers or sales can also be categorized blogs; a loop on the home page file can call for the latest one so that it auto-updates.

georgearnall
    Participant

As you may have noticed by the nature of this question, I am relatively new to WordPress but thank you for pointing me in the right direction :)

chrisburton
    Participant

I wouldn’t use blog posts as @sloveland suggested. This seems like it’s best suited for custom post types, fields and possibly taxonomies.

notfilc

Custom post types as @chrisburton says or you could use something like WooCommerce in catalog mode.

arachattack
    Participant

Since you’re new to wordpress, I think its okay to use the existing post format and use categories for each section.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.