Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other WordPress: Role scoping for contributors down to the field level

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    ashworth
    Participant

We’ve been looking for a WordPress plugin or system that lets you scope admin/contributor “roles” down to the field level. We have an immediate need for something like that, but totally coming up empty. There’s a ton of options that let us scope down to a custom post type, but not necessarily the fields within that custom post type. Sorta running dry on options…may need to build their CMS manually (old school).

There’s a bunch of solutions that let you customize admin user access to a custom post type, page or post, like add/edit/delete on the custom post type itself; but I haven’t been able to find one that says “John Smith only gets to edit XYZ custom field, and read-only access to the rest of the data for an entry”.

So far I’ve looked at WordPress, ExpressionEngine and Joomla, but striking out. Prefer WordPress, so if you have any clever ideas, I’d love to hear them! This is something that could vault WordPress further into the enterprise market if there is a reasonable way to tie it all together.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.