Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS wordpress- responsive image help and…

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Bones_Jones
    Participant

link
    http://goo.gl/Oz3K2Y

i’m creating a new thread. :)
    and i have 2 questions.

1. i’m using a responsive theme, and it works except on images. any idea why images are not responsive?
    2. why can’t i change the wrapper border color? it seems like CSS is overwritten by the theme option. how do i disable that?

thx in advance! learning so much from you experts!!

Paulie_D

The wrapper border is in here

.wrapper, #main-menu-wrapper, #main-menu li.current-menu-item a, #main-menu li.current_page_item a, #main-menu li.current-menu-parent a, #main-menu li.current_page_parent a, #main-menu li a:hover, #main-menu li.sfHover a,
            #main-menu a:focus, #main-menu a:hover, #main-menu a:active, #main-menu li ul, blockquote, .page-content table,
            .ui-tabs .ui-tabs-nav li.ui-tabs-selected, #footer {
                border-color: #bfbfa6 !important;
            }

…in a <style> tag in the <head>. Look like its added by WooCommerce

That’s #1

Then there is

media="all"
    .wrapper, #main-menu-wrapper, #main-menu li.current-menu-item a, #main-menu li.current_page_item a, #main-menu li.current-menu-parent a, #main-menu li.current_page_parent a, #main-menu li a:hover, #main-menu li.sfHover a, #main-menu a:focus, #main-menu a:hover, #main-menu a:active, #main-menu li ul, blockquote, .page-content table, .ui-tabs .ui-tabs-nav li.ui-tabs-selected, #footer {
    border-color: #80b600;
    }

that’s #2…that one’s probably in the theme

Then

`
    .wrapper {
    width: 1200px;
    margin: 25px auto;
    background: #fff;
    border: 1px solid #C52B2B;
    }

…that’s in style.css…that’s probably yours.

You have Developer Tools in your browser that could have given you this information. Might I respectfully suggest that you use them first?

Paulie_D

On the responsive images thing…frankly, if it is indeed meant to be a responsive theme, then someone forgot the basics…or you accidentally changes something.

I can’t see any sizing styles applying to images but just

img {
    max-width:100%;
    }

applied through Developer Tools seems to do the trick. It’s not a ‘cure-all’ as there may be images that you don’t want this to happen to.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.